Instructor Spotlight: Jacqui Dean
1. How long have you been teaching at Garden Street?
This is my first year!
2. What do you teach at Garden Street?
Mommy and Me and Ballet I.
3. What is your favorite thing about Garden Street students?
Their enthusiasm for dance and learning.
4. What initially drew you to the performing arts?
I think I just loved the movement and music.
5. Where do you draw your inspiration from when choreographing?
My inspiration is mainly drawn from the music.
6. Where are you from and why did you move to the area?
I grew up in Delaware and moved to Hoboken after college to be a part of the dance world in the city.
7. What advice do you have for dancers?
My advice for dancers is to work hard, never give up, and enjoy every second.
8. What is your teaching philosophy?
My teaching philosophy is to instill a love of dance in my students, while also cultivating skills and knowledge that can be carried on throughout life.
9. What is your favorite performance memory?
Hmm, there are too many to choose one in particular, but I cherish the times I've gotten to share the stage with my best friends.
10. What would you do if you were not a teacher?
I think I would still be a teacher of some sort. I love watching children learn, grow, and discover new things.
11. Do you have any dream roles?
I would have loved to dance Aurora in Sleeping Beauty.
12. What is an interesting or unexpected fact about you that most students do not know?
Most students probably don't know that I recently got engaged!