Student Spotlight: Grace Connolly
1. How long have you been dancing at Garden Street?
I started taking Irish Step with my Mammy five years ago. I have been taking other classes and joined the dance company and competition team since last year.
2. What made you join the classes?
Watching my Mammy's classes and I thought the recitals looked cool.
3. What is your favorite class to take and why?
Lyrical, because I would have these moments that I wanted dance on my own at home and realized I was dancing in a lyrical style.
4. What is the hardest part about dance?
Trying to do it perfectly and keeping it fun.
5. What is your favorite thing about being on the competition team at Garden Street?
I like being with everybody there and getting the awards with the whole group.
6. Do you have a favorite performance memory?
When I did my first competition routine with Irish Step.
7. What advice would you give to kids looking to get into performing?
Practice and attend class, listen to your teachers and have fun.
8. What are your favorite activities to do outside of Garden Street Dance?
Play with my friends, inside or outside.
9. Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
I want to be somewhat close to being a dance teacher because I like choreographing routines.
10. Fun Fact:
I'm a goofball and my Mammy completely agrees.