Student Spotlight: Hannah Morley
1. What are all of the activities you do at Garden Street?
I do ballet, tap, Irish step, and piano with Brian! I also take a few weeks of summer camp at Garden Street every summer.
2. How long have you been at Garden Street?
I have been here for five years, since the dance school started. I was three when I joined. When I first joined I did ballet, tap, and piano.
3. What made you join the classes?
I just really liked dancing and I wanted to learn more about it so I decided to take classes.
4. What is your favorite activity at Garden Street and why?
I like Irish step because I think it’s really interesting. The moves are cool and fun to do.
5. What is the hardest part about dance classes?
It is hard to stay concentrated and focused during classes.
6. What is the hardest part about music classes?
The hardest part is learning new songs because you are not used to the notes yet and it’s really hard to remember them.
7. What is the best thing about Garden Street?
They have a lot of nice teachers and they have an art studio to keep the kids who are waiting occupied.
8. What advice would you give to kids looking to get dance?
It’s easier to do like any class if you listen more carefully because then you know exactly what to do.
9. What are your favorite activities to do outside of Garden Street?
I like to run and ride my bike. I like to climb. What I do is like hiking and climbing together because it is up high on mountains. It’s you are not necessarily going up, it’s slanted and there are parts you can walk and parts that you have to grip onto the rock to go up.
10. Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
I see myself driving a car, a self driving car. I’m not sure if they will have those in 10 years but if they do, I would like to. I see myself at college, but I don’t know yet what I want to study!
I am always jumping. Also, inside my head there is this machine to do things: something that presses onto another thing that presses onto another thing that presses onto another thing. It hits a button that tells me an answer to a question or an answer to a math problem. I don’t always get the right answers!