Instructor Spotlight: Miss Lee
For our first instructor spolight, we have chosen to interview one of our favorite Garden Street Dance instructors, Miss Lee! Miss Lee teaches ballet for two year olds all the way through our adult ballet classes. Read our interview to find out more about Miss Lee!
1. How long have you been teaching at Garden Street? I have been teaching at Garden Street for two years, since 2013.
2. What is your favorite thing about the students at Garden Street? Garden Street as has a very creative atmosphere and the dancers in the ballet are very energetic.
3. What initially drew you to dance?
When I was a little girl my legs were a little bit bowleg, and I was a very shy little girl. So my mother brought me to ballet academy when I was age 4. Taking classes, my body changed, and I got a confidence myself. Ballet has been the important in my life since then!
4. Do you practice any other art forms? I used to play piano and cello, sing and paint too. But I decided on a dance major for entering my arts high school. I have been focused ever since on dancing my art. If I had the opportunity, I would love to play piano again.
5. How do you maintain a busy dance schedule with teaching? I try to organize my schedule every day so that I could spend my time usefully.
6. Where are you from and why did you move to the area? I am from South Korea. I was curious how the other countries practiced dance especially in the area of education. I also wanted to learn a new culture. For those two reasons I came to the U.S.A
8. What is your favorite dance exercise to lead in class? I love doing barre exercise in Ballet class because it helps muscle strength and develop the core of the body.
9. What would you do if you were not a dancer? Well.. I wanted to be a famous patisserie. I love making pastries and cooking food!
10. What is one interesting or unexpected fact about you that most students do not know?
I love collecting toys and watching cartoons!